800 lb 5-way system
Uses their own proprietary compression drivers !
Magico Loudspeaker Systems
And review w/ great picture of mid bass horn here:
http://www.magico.net/support/MAGICO_Ultimate.pdf
800 lb 5-way system
Uses their own proprietary compression drivers !
Magico Loudspeaker Systems
And review w/ great picture of mid bass horn here:
http://www.magico.net/support/MAGICO_Ultimate.pdf
"Indeed, the Ultimate’s sensitivity is rated at a whopping 110dB 1W/1m for
the horns, and 88dB for the woofer."
"The woofer is a conventional direct-radiating design (a
horn-loaded woofer would have been too big"
Wusses!
Couldn't they have crossed to a 22Hz tapped horn sub - machined from a single billet of Alu with 2" thick walls.
..still that 80hz horn does look impressive. I have a 80hz conical horn with a GPA 515G driver built from MDF to which I'll be adding some external bracing in a similar manor.

In all honesty...4 months to complete? that only makes me DOUBT the skill of their craftsmen...
But they are wimps. That's not a horn...THIS is a horn....
Matterhorn
12 cycles and PORTABLE
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
For all their concerns for audiophile perfection, I would think they could have paid more attention to rear energy absorption (like larger rear cavities) on both the compression drivers and that woofer in its little cylinder enclosure.
The mid bass driver is a mystery - probably like the big Japanese GOTO driver that goes down to below 100 hz. No specs or info on diaphragm materials are given.
Beautiful looking stuff. I thought it was necessary to have all the compression drivers the same distance from the listener (as opposed to the horn mouths) for correct phasing.
I'm thinking, yes, those Comp Drivers do look very much like GOTO's - Hmmm...?
GOTOhorn[run thru slideshow for close-ups of comp drvrs & compare w/ Magico pix]
Bookmarks